|Welcome to Franklin County, Alabama|
Alabama Genealogy Trails
This Site is Available for Adoption
We transcribe historical and genealogical data to help you track your ancestors through time.
Enjoy your visit to Genealogy Trails and don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions or corrections.
We offer a growing selection of FREE data.
BIOS, OBITS, MARRIAGES, BIRTHS and MORE.
SHARE YOUR DATA.
Add your ancestor's obit, bio or news item to this site, just send me an email.
If you are interested in hosting one of the available county websites, view our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
Please Note: We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for you.
Don't hesitate to ask a question or submit a query.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * *
. . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Franklin County was originally established on February 6, 1867 after it split from Franklin County over political issues after the American Civil War. It was abolished eight months later by an Alabama constitutional convention and then reestablished on February 24, 1870
Its name is in honor of Benjamin Franklin, famous statesman, scientist, and printer.
Its county seat is Russellville.
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
* Belgreen * Isbell * Hodges * Phil Campbell * Red Bay * Russellville * Vina *
Online Data Biographies Brick Walls Cemeteries Census Records Church Records Death Records Family Galleries History Marriage Records Military Records Miscellaneous Records Newspaper Gleanings Obituaries and Death Notices Post Offices School Records Wills and Probate Records
- Website Updates:
- April 2015: Deaths: 1860 Mortality ScheduleJanuary 2015: Death News: HALE, BOOTH, MCLAIN, HOLLLINGSWORTH, RAY, LIGON, DINSMORE, HUDSON, BURFIELD, FERGUSON; Married News: RICHESON, WHITE, SWINNEY, CARLSON, MOORHEAD, GOSSET, Crime News: COCHRAN, SANDERSON, PREWITT, LIGON, RICHARDSON, Church News: DALE
- December 2014: Bio: JACKSON, KIRK, MCWILLIAMS, LITTLE, STEELE
- October 2014: 1925 Confederate Pensioners; Brick Wall: McHENRY - Submitted by Donnie McHenry
- Sept 2014: Bio: THOMPSON - Mil: Civil: Pension File of MCHENRY - Submitted by Donnie McHenry
- July 2014: Obit: HESTER - Transcribed by Bobby Dobbins Title; Southern Claims Commission Applicants
- April 2014: Water Mills of Franklin County in 1886
- March 2014: Brick Wall: GRAY - submitted by Ruby Gray Wallace
- February 2014: Known Newspapers of Franklin County
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
* Colbert County (north)
* Lawrence County (east)
* Winston County (southeast)
* Marion County (south)
* Itawamba County, MS (southwest)
* Tishomingo County, MS (northwest)
VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
OR VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.