|Welcome to Jackson County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
We transcribe historical and genealogical data to help you track your ancestors through time.
Enjoy your visit to Genealogy Trails and don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions or corrections.
We offer a growing selection of FREE data.
BIOS, OBITS, MARRIAGES, BIRTHS and MORE.
SHARE YOUR DATA.
Add your ancestor's obit, bio or news item to this site, just send me an email.
If you are interested in hosting one of the available county websites, view our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
Please Note: We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for you.
Don't hesitate to ask a question or submit a query.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * *
. . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Jackson County was established on December 13, 1819
Its name is in honor of Andrew Jackson, general in the United States Army and President of the United States of America. The county seat is Scottsboro.
Jackson County covers parts of former Decatur County.
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
* Bridgeport * Bryant * Dutton * Flat Rock * Higdon * Hollywood
* Hytop * Langston * Paint Rock * Pisgah * Pleasant Groves * Scottsboro
* Section * Skyline * Stevenson * Woodville
Online Data Cemeteries Census Records Court Records Death Records History Military Records Miscellaneous Data News Articles Obituaries and Death Notices Pioneer Families Post Offices
- Website Updates:
- April 2015: Deaths: 1860 Mortality Schedule
- January 2015: Marriage News: COPELIN, OLMSTEAD, BOYD, GUNTER; Death News: GRAY, MAXWELL, RUDDER. SHIPP, MOORE, WILSON, SISK, BUTLER, SKELTON
- December 2014: Bio: FINNEY - Transcribed by Kim Mohler
- October 2014: 1925 Confederate Pensioners; Bio: TIPTON, TAYLOR; Crime News; RICHARDS, TURNER
- September 2014: Crime News: BELL, GREEN; Bio: BARNETT - Transcribed by Kim Mohler
- August 2014: Crime News; ANDERSON, PICKLESIMER,
- July 2014: Mil: Southern Claims Commission Applicants
- June 2014: Bio: QUARLES - Transcribed by Kim Mohler
- May 2014: Bio: KIRKPATRICK - Transcribed by Kim Mohler; Mil: WWI Wounded List of Oct 1918 - Submitted by Rose Stout
- April 2014: History: Water Mills of Jackson County in 1886
- February 2014: List of Known Newspapers of Jackson County
- January 2014: Bio: WHITE
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
* Marion County, TN - northeast
* Dade County, GA - east
* DeKalb County- southeast
* Marshall County - southwest
* Madison County - west
* Franklin County, TN - northwest
VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
OR VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.