|Welcome to Limestone County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
This county is "Up For Adoption"
We transcribe historical and genealogical data to help you track your ancestors through time. Enjoy your visit to Genealogy Trails and don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions or corrections.
We offer a growing selection of FREE data.
BIOS, OBITS, MARRIAGES, BIRTHS and MORE.
SHARE YOUR DATA.
Add your ancestor's obit, bio or news item to this site, just send me an email.
If you are interested in hosting one of the available county websites, view our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
Please Note: We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for you.
Don't hesitate to ask a question or submit a query.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * *
. . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Limestone County was established on February 6, 1818.
Its name comes from Limestone Creek, a local stream
County Seat: Athens
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
* Ardmore * Athens * Decatur (most of Decatur is in Morgan County)
* Elkmont * Huntsville (most of Huntsville is in Madison County)
* Lester * Madison (most of Madison is in Madison County)
* Mooresville * Tanner
Online Data Birth Records Biographies Cemeteries Census Records Church Records Death Records History Marriage Records Military Records Miscellaneous Records Newspaper Gleanings Obituaries and Death Notices Pioneer Families Queries School Records Wills and Probate Records
- Website Updates:
- Oct 2015: Misc Records: 1913 County Officers; Query: GRAHAM;Aug 2015: Death news: PICKETTJul 2015: 1939 Confederate PensionersMar 2015: 1830 Census - Transcribed by Debbie HudsonJan 2015: Death News: YARBROUGH, BERRY, CHEW, BRIDGEFORTH, OWEN, HOLLINGSWORTH, CRAFTS, NUNN, WADSWORTH, DAVIS; Married News: LAWSON, COFFEE, NANNY, RHOADS, HATCHETT, MCDONALD, ADKINS, WHITT, PATTERSON, BLACK, PHARR, SCOTT, KENNEMER, MOODY, Bios: CALDWELL; Birth News: RAINEY; 1820 State Census
- Nov 2014: Bio: KEYES
- Oct 2014: 1925 Confederate Pensioners
- Aug 2014: Bio: VANDEGRIFT, CARTWRIGHT; Bio: BAUGH - Transcribed by Kim Mohler
- Jul 2014: Mil: Civilwar: Southern Claims Commission Applicants; Bio: DAVIS, CARTRIGHT;
- May 2014: Bio: ALEXANDER, DABNEY - Transcribed by Kim Mohler
- Apr 2014: Water Mills in 1886; Mil: WWI Wounded List of Oct 1918 - Submitted by Rose Stout
- Feb 2014: Bio: HUNDLEY, LANE, COLEMAN, Known Newspapers of Limestone County
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
- * Giles County, TN - north
* Lincoln County, TN - northeast
* Madison County - east
* Morgan County - southeast across the Tennessee River
* Lawrence County - southwest across the Tennessee River
* Lauderdale County - west across the Elk River
VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
OR VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.