|Welcome to Macon County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
This county is "Up For Adoption"
We transcribe historical and genealogical data to help you track your ancestors through time. Enjoy your visit to Genealogy Trails and don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions or corrections.
We offer a growing selection of FREE data.
BIOS, OBITS, MARRIAGES, BIRTHS and MORE.
SHARE YOUR DATA.
Add your ancestor's obit, bio or news item to this site, just send me an email.
If you are interested in hosting one of the available county websites, view our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
Please Note: We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for you.
Don't hesitate to ask a question or submit a query.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * *
. . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Macon County was established on December 18, 1832, from land ceded by the Creek, following the US Congress' passage of the Indian Removal Act of 1830.
Macon County is known as the home of historic Tuskegee Institute, now Tuskegee University, and its noted founder and first president, Dr. Booker T. Washington.
Its county seat and only city is Tuskegee. Its name is in honor of Nathaniel Macon, a member of the United States Senate from North Carolina.
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
* Franklin * Notasulga * Shorter * Tuskegee *
* Creek Stand * Fort Davis * Hardaway *Little Texas * Warriorstand *
Online Data Biographies Brick Walls Cemeteries Census Records Church Records Death Records History Marriage Records Military Records Miscellaneous Data Newspaper Gleanings Obituaries and Death Notices Pioneer Families Post Offices School Records Wills and Probate Records
- Website Updates:
- July 2015: 1939 Confederate PensionersJanuary 2015: Married News: DELBRIDGE, ECHOLS, DAVIS, MULLIGAN, HODNETTE, CHILES, TAYLOR, BAKER, ATTWELL, POSTELLE, FISHER, FAIL, EWBANK, HILL; Death News: HODNETTE, HILL, WASHINGTON Anniversary News: BREWER; Bios: HAMES
- October 2014: 1925 Confederate Pensioners
- September 2014: Bio: TANNER
- August 2014: Bio: KYLE; Brick Walls - FOSTER - Submitted by Dana Nixon
- July 2014: Bio: ZACHRY - Transcribed by Joseph Rose; Mil: Civilwar: Southern Claims Commission Applicants;
- April 2014: History: Water Mills of Macon County in 1886
- February 2014: School News; List of Known Newspapers of Macon County
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
OR VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.