From the front page of the microfilm:
The Marion County News - (1894 - 1959)
"The first issue of the Marion County News was published in Hamilton, the county seat, on July 18, 1894. R. M. TERRELL, its original proprietor, also purchased The Hamilton Free Press and combined both papers under the title Hamilton News-Press. The News-Press ran throughout 1895 (thus, there is no Marion County News for that year), but was sold by TERRILL and ceased publication on December 26. The Marion County News resumed on January 2, 1896, with S. E. and G. J. WILSON as owners and editors. It continued under that title until 1959.
More complete bibliographic information on The Marion County News and other Marion County titles may be found in newspaper project files at the Alabama Department of Archives and History"
LIST OF EDITORS:
1897 - S. E. and G. J. WILSON