|Welcome to Marshall County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
We transcribe historical and genealogical data to help you track your ancestors through time. Enjoy your visit to Genealogy Trails and don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions or corrections.
We offer a growing selection of FREE data.
BIOS, OBITS, MARRIAGES, BIRTHS and MORE.
SHARE YOUR DATA.
Add your ancestor's obit, bio or news item to this site, just send me an email.
If you are interested in hosting one of the available county websites, view our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
Please Note: We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for you.
Don't hesitate to ask a question or submit a query.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * *
. . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Marshall County was established on January 9, 1836
Its name is in honor of John Marshall, famous Chief Justice of the United States.
Its county seat is Guntersville.
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
* Albertville * Arab (part is in Cullman County) * Boaz (part is in Etowah County)
* Douglas * Grant * Horton * Guntersville * Union Grove *
Online Data Biographies Birth Records Cemeteries Census Records Church Records Death Records History Marriage Records Military Records Miscellaneous Records Newspaper Gleanings Obituaries and Death Notices Pioneer Families Post Office Records School Records Wills and Probate Records
- Website Updates:
- March 2015: Pioneer Family: DAVID PARKHILL - Submitted by James ParkhillFebruary 2015: Bio: CLEMENTS, COX
- January 2015: Marriage News: MALONE, GLOVER, WALLS, JOHNSON, HARRIS, HEETH, DRACEY, SPRINGER, STEPHENS, ; Death News: RUSSELL, SCOTT, WATTS; Crime News: Killing of WINKLES; Birth News: ROBERTS
- December 2014: Bio: NICKLES
- October 2014: 1925 Confederate Pensioners; Bio: HENRY, BAKER, TIPTON, RAYBURN, BAKER, September 2014: History of Guntersville (1888); Bios: HENRY, WYETH, MAY, GILBREATH, WHITMAN, LUSK, BURKE, WINSTON, STREET, JONES, BELL, NEELY, CURREY, THOMASON, August 2014: Bio: JONES, JACKSON, TAYLOR, JORDAN, SEIBOLD
- July 2014: Military News: Obit; CASEY, WALDEN, MCDANIEL - Transcribed by SueAnn McKnight
- Mil: Civilwar: Southern Claims Commission Applicants
- June 2014:Mil: WW2: JONES - documents for KIA status - submitted by Mitch Strickland
- May 2014: Obit: BROWN
- April 2014: History: Water Mills of Marshall County in 1886
- February 2014: List of Known Newspapers of Marshall County
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
Jackson County - northeast
DeKalb County - east
Etowah County - southeast
Blount County - south
Cullman County - southwest
Morgan County - west
Madison County - northwest
VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
OR VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.