|Welcome to Mobile County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
This Mobile County Website
is available for adoption.
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers.
If you have a love for history, a desire to help others, and basic web-authoring skills, consider joining us! If hosting isn't for you, we can use your help in other ways. Get the details on our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for folks.
All data we come across will be added to this site. We thank you for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we make to this site.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * * . . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Mobile County Alabama
Mobile County is the second most-populous county in the U.S. state of Alabama. Its county seat is Mobile. The county is named in honor of the indigenous Maubila tribe.
After more than a century of European settlement, Mobile County was organized by the legislature and the proclamation of Governor Holmes of the Mississippi Territory on December 18, 1812. When Mississippi was separated and admitted as a state on December 10, 1817, after adopting its constitution on August 15, 1817, Mobile County became part of what was called the Alabama Territory. Two years later, the county became part of the state of Alabama, granted statehood on December 14, 1819.
Mobile City Hall
CITIES, TOWNS, AND POPULATED PLACES
* Bayou La Batre * Chickasaw * Citronelle * Creola * Dauphin Island * Mobile (county seat) *
* Mount Vernon * Prichard * Saraland * Satsuma * Semmes *
* Axis * Belle Fontaine * Bucks * Calvert (partly in Washington County) * Chunchula * Grand Bay *
* Gulfcrest * Movico * Theodore * Tillmans Corner * Alabama Port * Cloverdale * Coden *
* Crawford * Eight Mile * Fernland * Heron Bay * Irvington * Kushla * Le Moyne *
* Lloyds * Mauvilla * Mon Louis * Pennsylvania * St. Elmo * Union Church * Whistler * Wilmer*
* Beaver Mills *
Check your attics!
Dust off your family scrapbooks!
We're looking for DATA for this site!!!
If you are interested in adding your families' information to this website, Email Us.
We'll be happy to help your families' obituaries, news items and other historical data find a home here at Alabama Genealogy Trails, where it will remain free for all to view.
Online Data Biographies Birth Records Cemeteries Census Records Church Records Pioneer Families Death Records History Marriage Records Military Records Miscellaneous Records Newspaper Gleanings Obituaries and Death Notices School Records Wills and Probate Records
- Website Updates:Jan 2018: Death News: WALKER - Transcribed by Robin LineDec 2017: Death News: AYRES - Transcribed by Heather Holley; Crime News: ROBINSON - Transcribed by Robin LineSept 2017: Death News: CROCKETT; Crime News: GARDINER - Transcribed by Heather HolleyJul 2017: Marriage News: ANDREWS, WATKINS, TAYLOR, SAMPSON, BRUCE, FEARNApr 2017: Misc Records: 1923 County OfficersMar 2017: Marriage News: YOU, LOCKWOODDec 2016: Marriage News: PATTEN, CARR; Death News: DAVIS, GRACE, LAWSON, SANFORDSept 2016: Death Record: ABBELL; Bios: KANE, MILLING, BROWN, DANNER, VASS; Obits: ROBERTS, MYERS, SEMMES, O'SULLIVAN, HERAFELDApr 2016: News: Weather; Advertisements; Bio: SMITH; Death: THOMPSON; Military: World War I: Rainbow Division and Knights of Columbus Honor ListMar 2016: Revolutionary War Soldiers: BROOKS, HICKS, LEWIS, ROWE, TUGGLE, WALDEN, WALDRON, WARD, WAGSTER, WARSHAM, WATTS, WEBSTER, WHITEFIELD, WICKERS, WILDER, WILKINSON, WILLIAMS, WILSON, WOOD, WOODS, WORSHAM, YEOMAN
SEARCH OUR SITES
Submit an Obituary to Us
for any of our county sites.
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
OR VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.