|Welcome to Monroe County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
We transcribe historical and genealogical data to help you track your ancestors through time. Enjoy your visit to Genealogy Trails and don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions or corrections.
We offer a growing selection of FREE data.
BIOS, OBITS, MARRIAGES, BIRTHS and MORE.
SHARE YOUR DATA.
Add your ancestor's obit, bio or news item to this site, just send me an email.
If you are interested in hosting one of the available county websites, view our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
Please Note: We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for you.
Don't hesitate to ask a question or submit a query.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * *
. . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Monroe County was founded June 29, 1815
It was named in honor of James Monroe, fifth President of the United States.
Its county seat is Monroeville.
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
* Beatrice * Burnt Corn * Excel * Frisco City * Monroeville * Peterman
* Tunnel Springs * Uriah * Vredenburgh
Online Data Biographies Birth Records Brick Walls Cemeteries Census Records Church Records Death Records Family Stories History Marriage Records Military Records Miscellaneous Data Newspaper Gleanings Obituaries and Death Notices School Records Wills/Probate Records
- Website Updates:
- February 2015: Bio: RILEY - Transcribed by Dawn Conway
- January 2015: Death News: FORE, COXWELL, MATTS, SMITH, COHEN; Marriage News: JANES, MEIGS, SKINNER, KRAUSE, WESTBROOK, TURNBULL, BIZZELLE, LARKIN, THOMPSON, JERNIGAN;Bio: PATRICK;
- December 2014: Obit: SCOTT
- July 2014: Obit: DUNHAM - Transcribed by Nancy Piper; Southern Claims Commission Applicants
- May 2014: Mil: WWI: Wounded List of Oct 1918 - submitted by Rose Stout
- April 2014: History: Water Mills of Monroe County in 1886
- February 2014: Bio: MORROW, CUNNINGHAM, SHAW; Known Newspapers of Monroe County
- January 2014: History 1888
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
Wilcox County (north)
Butler County (east-northeast)
Conecuh County (east)
Escambia County (southeast)
Baldwin County (southwest)
Clarke County (west)
VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
OR VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.