|Welcome to Montgomery County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
We transcribe historical and genealogical data to help you track your ancestors through time. Enjoy your visit to Genealogy Trails and don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions or corrections.
We offer a growing selection of FREE data.
BIOS, OBITS, MARRIAGES, BIRTHS and MORE.
SHARE YOUR DATA.
Add your ancestor's obit, bio or news item to this site, just send me an email.
If you are interested in hosting one of the available county websites, view our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
Please Note: We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for you.
Don't hesitate to ask a question or submit a query.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * *
. . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Montgomery County was established on December 6, 1816
It was named in honor of Lemuel P. Montgomery, a military officer killed at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend in the War of 1812. The county seat, Montgomery, Alabama, has a different origin for its name, being named for Richard Montgomery, an American Revolutionary War general killed in 1775 while attempting to capture Quebec City, Canada.
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
* Montgomery * Pike Road
*Cecil *Grady *Hope Hull *Lapine *Mount Meigs *Pine Level *Ramer
Online Data Biographies Birth Records Cemeteries Census Records Church Records Death Records History Marriage Records Military Records News Articles Obituaries and Death Records Pioneer Families Postcards Post Offices School Records
- Website Updates:
- February 2015: Bio: REYNOLDS
- January 2015: Bio: BREWER; Marriage News: DAVIDSON, KEYS, SISTRUNK, WHETSTONE, SHEELAR, BURKS, HOLMES, MATTHEWS, BRYANT, WHATLEY, HAILES, NESBITT, CAMPBELL, NOBLE, WINTER, JORDAN, CAFFEY, MCLEMORE, MCMANUS, PACE, Death News: WILLIAMSON, MARTIN, MARVIN, STRAUSS, NEWMAN, SCOTT, HARRIS, JACKSON, LYNCH, WITCHER
- November 2014: Bio: KEYES, SMITH
- August 2014: Bio: BURCH, SCOVEL, PEACHER, GRUBER, JOSEPH, TODD, BENSON
- July 2014: Mil: Civilwar: Southern Claims Commission Applicants
- May 2014: Mil: WWI Wounded of Oct 1918 - Submitted by Rose Stout
- April 2014: History: Water Mills of Montgomery County in 1886
- February 2014: Bio: MARTIN; Known Newspapers of Montgomery County
- January 2014: Death Notice: KAVAUGH, KAVANAUGH; Crime News: RANDOLPH
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
* Elmore County (north)
* Macon County (northeast)
* Bullock County (east)
* Pike County (southeast)
* Crenshaw County (southwest)
* Lowndes County (west)
* Autauga County (northwest)
VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
OR VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.