|Welcome to Perry County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
This Perry County Website
is available for adoption.
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers.
If you have a love for history, a desire to help others, and basic web-authoring skills, consider joining us! If hosting isn't for you, we can use your help in other ways. Get the details on our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for folks.
All data we come across will be added to this site. We thank you for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we make to this site.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * * . . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Perry County Alabama
Perry County was established on December 13, 1819
Its name is in honor of Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry, of Rhode Island, United States Navy.
The county seat is Marion.
Perry County Courthouse (2000) Photo by Calvin Beale [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
CITIES, TOWNS, AND POPULATED PLACES
* Marion * Uniontown * Unincorporated Communities * Adler * Augustin * Cleveland Mills * Coleman * Cunningham * Ellards * Folsom * Hamburg * Heiberger * * Hillcrest * Jericho * Levert * Morgan Springs * Nave * Norman * Oakmulgee * Osborn * Panhandle * * Perryville * Radford * Sprott * Suttle * Tayloe * Vaiden * Vilula * Zimmerman *
Check your attics!
Dust off your family scrapbooks!
We're looking for DATA for this site!!!
If you are interested in adding your families' information to this website, Email Us.
We'll be happy to help your families' obituaries, news items and other historical data find a home here at Alabama Genealogy Trails, where it will remain free for all to view.
Online Data Biographies Birth Records Cemeteries Census Records Church Records Death Records History Marriage Records Military Records Miscellaneous Records Newspaper Gleanings Obituaries and Death Notices Pioneer Families Post Office Data School Records Wills & Probate Records
- Website Updates:Jul 2015: 1939 Confederate Pensioners
- May 2015: Redecorated site and now all pages are mobile friendly
- Jan 2015: Death News: ALLEN, BRADFIELD, LEVERT, DORROH, DE YAMBERT, STICKNEY, SCHEVENELL, ROBERTSON, GUNNER, ARBUTHNOT, LIDE, CRAIG; Marriage News: MORGAN, GREGORY, FRAZER, FAIRFAX, PHILLIPS, DOBBINS, BLINN, REID, KYNARD, WALLACE, HENDRIX, CLYDE, GOODFRIEND, BERNHEIM, BRADFIELD, LEWIS, HANSON, WHITE
Nov 2014: Bio: BROWN
Jul 2014: Bio: BALDRIDGE, CURRY; Mil: Civilwar: Southern Claims Commission Applicants
Apr 2014: Bio: DANIEL - Transcribed by Kim Mohler; Bio: ENGLAND - Transcribed by LA Bauer
Feb 2014: Known Newspapers of Perry County; History: Water Mills of Perry County in 1886
Jan 2014: Bio; MCALPINE; Community News: VAIDEN
SEARCH OUR SITES
Submit an Obituary to Us
for any of our county sites.
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
OR VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.