|Welcome to Pike County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
We transcribe historical and genealogical data to help you track your ancestors through time. Enjoy your visit to Genealogy Trails and don't hesitate to send me your comments, suggestions or corrections.
We offer a growing selection of FREE data.
BIOS, OBITS, MARRIAGES, BIRTHS and MORE.
SHARE YOUR DATA.
Add your ancestor's obit, bio or news item to this site, just send me an email.
If you are interested in hosting one of the available county websites, view our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
Please Note: We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for you.
Don't hesitate to ask a question or submit a query.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * *
. . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Founded December 17, 1821
Its name is in honor of General Zebulon Pike, of New Jersey, an explorer who led an expedition to southern Colorado and discovered Pikes Peak in 1806.
Pike County comprised a large tract of country, so large that it was called the State of Pike, including a part of what is now Crenshaw, Montgomery, Macon, Bullock, and Barbour Counties, and extended to the Chattahoochie River on the east.
Its county seat is Troy.
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
** Banks * Brundidge * Goshen * Troy *
Online Data Biographies Birth Records Cemeteries Church Records Death Records History Military Records Miscellaneous Records Pioneer Families Post Offices School Records
Wills and Probate Records
- Website Updates:
- Jul 2015: 1939 Confederate PensionersJan 2015: Marriage News: GREEN, WEST, MADISON, SHEPPERD, WALKER, HENDRICK, STARLING, HINTON, MCKINLEY, KEY; Death News: HARDEN, WILSON, JOHNSON, RICHBERT; Civil War News: 1863 Deserters of the 15th Alabama Regiment: ALBRITTON, DICKEN, HALE
- Nov 2014: Census: 1830 Census - Transcribed by Transcribed by Michael Upchurch
Jul 2014: Obit: LEE - Transcribed by Camellia; Bio: FOSTER;
- May 2014: Mil: WWI Wounded of Oct 1918 - Submitted by Rose Stout
- Apr 2014: History: Water Mills of Pike County in 1886
- Feb 2014: Crime News: PARROTT; Known Newspapers of Pike County
- Jan 2014: History 1888. Community news: HIGGINS, BANKS, MURPHY
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
Bullock County (northeast)
Barbour County (east)
Dale County (southeast)
Coffee County (south)
Crenshaw County (west)
Montgomery County (northwest)
VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
OR VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.