We regret that we are
perform personal research for anybody.
Boone County was formed from Carroll County April 9, 1869.
not named for Daniel Boone, as was
supposed, but was called "Boon" because it was
believed that for anyone who settled here, it
would be a "boon." The "e" was added to the name later.
Portions of Bull Shoals and
Table Rock Lakes are contained in the
It is home to North Arkansas College.
Harrison is the county seat.
Diamond City ~ Harrison
Alpena ~ Bellefonte ~ Bergman ~ Everton ~ Lead Hill ~ Omaha ~ South Lead Hill ~ Valley Springs ~ Zinc
Batavia ~ Bear Creek Springs ~ Capps ~ Hopewell ~ Little Arkansaw ~ Self
Elixir was a town in the vicinity of many springs. It was near present-day Bergman. Heavy rains flooded the town in 1883, which was a major factor in its decline by 1892. In the 1880s, both Lead Hill and Elixir were expecting a railroad but none materialized. This also helped the town's decline. Although the town is gone, the township of Elixir remains and currently contains Bergman.
Keener was a town around one mile south of present-day Bergman. Keener was strong in the 1880s and had a population of about 1,000 people. By 1892, Keener had begun to decline.