We regret that we are
perform personal research for anybody.
Drew County was formed on November 26, 1846, and named for Thomas Drew, the 3rd governor of Arkansas.
As early as 1837, American settlers had gathered in a village called Rough and Ready, located within a mile of the present-day county seat, Monticello. Descriptions of the community included tales of personal feuds ending in brawls or killings, likely the origin of the name of the village. Court proceedings were established in this area, and agricultural opportunities attracted many settlers. Cotton, corn, wheat, and hay—as well as fruits such as apples, peaches, pears, and tomatoes—were the major crops. By the 1860s, timber was also a major industry.
Formed in 1846, Drew County was named for Thomas Stevenson Drew, who served as governor of Arkansas from 1844 to 1849. Its parent counties were Bradley County (formed in 1840) and Arkansas County (formed in 1813). Part of Drew County was attached to Ashley County in 1848. Parts of Desha County were added to Drew in 1861 and 1873. The boundary between Drew and Chicot counties was settled in 1873. [Source: encyclopediaofarkansas.net]
Cities, Towns and Other Populated Areas
Monticello * Tillar * Wilmar *
Jerome * Winchester
Bartholomew * Bearhouse * Clear Creek * Collins * Cominto *
Crook * Franklin * Live Oak * Marion * Saline * Spring Hill * Veasey