AN ACT to incorporate the Pocahontas and Gainesville Male and Female Colleges.
1. Certain named persons
incorporated by the name of the " Pocahontas
Male and Female College," and corporate powers specified.
2. To be located in or near Pocahontas, and further powers specified.
3. The corporation may open
subscription for stock, and may sell scholarships to endow said
4. May appoint a President and other
officers, fill vacancies, and prescribe
course of studies and discipline.
5. May establish departments, confer degrees and award diplomas.
6. No religious test
allowed of students.
7. This act to be in force ninety-nine years, subject to renewal.
8. No misnomer to defeat any gift or bequest.
9. The corporation to meet and their powers.
10. The provisions of sec. 74, chap. 154, of the Digest, to apply to said corporation.
11. Certain named persons incorporatedas the trustees of " The Gainesville Male and Female College," to be located in or near Gainesville, and provisions of foregoing sections to apply to them.
12. This act to take effect and be inforce from
its passage, and conflicting laws repealed.
Sec. 12. This act shall be deemed a public act, • and shall take effect and be in force from and after its passage, and all laws or parts of laws in conflict with theVprovisions of this act, be, and the same are hereby repealed.
Approved, December 17th, 1860.