We regret that we are
perform personal research for anybody.
Located in the Panhandle of Florida
Gulf County, created June 6, 1925, was named for the Gulf of Mexico. Wewahitchka was its first county seat and the 1927 Gulf County Courthouse is still in existence.
In 1965 the county seat was moved to Port Saint Joe, which under its original name Saint Joseph, had been the site of Florida's first Constitutional Convention in 1838.
In 1841, a yellow fever epidemic devastated the population of the thriving trading port of St. Joseph, followed by a hurricane that destroyed most of the town's buildings. The town later was moved to a nearby location and renamed Port St. Joe.
Port St. Joe ~ Wewahitchka
Cape San Blas ~ Dalkeith ~ Highland View ~ Honeyville ~ Indian Pass ~ Oak Grove ~ Overstreet ~ White City