HENRY FIEDLER'S LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
I, Henry Fiedler, of Beardstown, in the County of Cass and the State of Illinois, and being of sound mind and memory, do make, publish and declare this my last will and testament in manner following, to wit:
1. It is my will that after my death an inventory of all my personal and real estate shall be made and so much personal property shall be disposed of to pay all my just debts.
2. After the payment of my debts I give and bequeth to my beloved wife, Maria Fiedler, all the Real Estate and personal property belonging to me during her natural or as long as she shall remain my widow.
3. In case my said wife shall marry again she shall receive out of my estate that portion only which the law allows to widows in cases where no will is made.
4. After the death of my wife, provided she remains my widow, all the remainder of my Real Estate and personal property shall go and descend to the child or children born in wedlock with my sife, Maria Fiedler.
5. I hereby appoint my wife, Maria Fiedler, and John Baugen Executors of this my last will and testament, and to act as guardians over my child or children aforesaid.
6. In case my wife should marry again the probate court of Cass County shall appoint a suitable person to act with the persons aforesaid as guardians over my child or children.
In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seal this 15th day of August A.D. 1860
The foregoing was at the date thereof, signed, sealed, published and declared by Henry Fiedler as and for his last will and testament, in presence, and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names as witnesses thereto, and at the same time was of sound mind and memory.
We, John A. Arenz and John Rohn, whoso names are subscribed above as attesting witnesses to the execution of the within instrument, do solemnly swear that we saw the Testator, Henry Fiedler, sign the within instrument as and for his last will and testament; that we signed our names at the request of the said testator, in his presence, and in the presence of each other, as attesting witnesses therto, and that we verily believe the said testator to have been of sound and disposing mind and memory at the time of excuting said will.
J. A. Arenz
It is believed that Henry died from heat-stroke.
Sworn & Subscribed before me Aug. 19, 1861 Allen J. Hill
Appraisement Bill of the goods chattels and personal estate of Henry Fiedler, deceased.
1 cow and calf $ 19.00 1 cow and calf 12.00 1 Cow 14.00 1 yearling bull 8.00 2 hiefers each $8 16.00 1 sow with pigs 8.00 5 hogs 16.00 9 shoats 18.00 TOTAL $111.00 Dated Beardstown, Sept 1861 One claim against the estate of Henry Fiedler was for tutoring his son, Valentine Fiedler, 11 months @ $ .50 per month.
Cass Co Probate Book F, P. 6: Matter of a guardian of Valentine Fiedler, minor, J. Henry Shaw appointed guardian, September 1864 Matter of insufficient funds in estate of Henry Fiedler, deceased. Land consisting of Lots 6-7 in Blk 58, Beardstown, must be sold, Sept term 1864.
BACK -- HOME
© Genealogy Trails