Clark County Illinois
- As your valuable paper has contained no special news from our place lately, we conceived the idea of writing a few brief notes.
- J. B. Sheaply’s school closed Friday last.
- Mr. Row is erecting a plow and wagon factory at this place.
- Roof and Row are doing business with their grist and saw mill.
- Jacob, Charlie and William Howerton started for Champaign County, Monday last.
- J. M. Wells has been appointed Notary Public by the Governor for the town of Melrose.
- Our centennial man, James Hall, boasts of being one hundred and ten years old and is engaged in a litigation concerning goose pasture.
- The red eye brigade arrived from York. Wonder if they caught any fish while trying river water.
30-MARCH-1877 - The Marshall Messenger, submitted by Ron Cornwell
Copyright © Genealogy Trails