Prior to 1950, another little country school south of Greenup was called the Shull School. Many of its former students knew it only as the #8 School. We have no records regarding its founding but presume it had something to do with someone named Shull.
In 1935 some of the students were: Lowell Lee Shull, Kenneth Roan, Harold Sheppard, Robert Bell, Robert Green, Ross Carrico, Mary Carrico, Betty Sheppard, Mary Bell, Velma Bolen, Minnie Mar Bell, Dorothy Roan, Alma Spessard, Thelma Carrico, Lois Spessard and Nellie Bolin. Some of the teachers during this period were: Paul Carr, Hollis Wright, Noel Strader, Corey Hutton and Lena Sherrick.
|In 1948 some of the students
were: John James, Walter James, Carolyn Carrico, Patsy
Shull Miller, Richard Green, Ann Green Roberts, Rose
Shepard Warfel, Louise James Oakley and Dolores James
Louise James Oakley is one of our volunteer staff members who help keep the museum doors open to the public. Louise is usually at the museum here in Greenup on Sunday from about noon to 3 pm.
The Main Cumberland County Illinois Page