Welcome to Illinois Genealogy Trails

Iroquois County Cemeteries

View Cemetery Map

Cemetery

Latitude

Longitude

Other Information

Amity Cemetery 403338N 0874552W  
Apostolic Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Arseneau Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Ash Grove Cemetery 403546N 0875052W  
Ashkum Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Assumption Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Barden Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Bardon Cemetery 404808N 0875405W  
Beaver Cemetery 405521N 0873225W  
Beaver Creek Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Beckwith Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Belmont Cemetery 404358N 0874137W  
Body Cemetery 404254N 0874450W  
Bookless Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Caveny Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Chamberlain Cemetery 404642N 0874423W  
Chebanse Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Cissna Park Cemetery 403551N 0875417W  
Clifton Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Courtright Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Crozier-Crozzar Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Danforth Luthern Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Darby Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Davis Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Del Rey Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
East Artesia Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Eastburn Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Enslyn Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Evans-Thomas Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Flesher Cemetery 404802N 0875054W  
Floral Hill Cemetery 402926N 0874012W  
Frame Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Gaffield Cemetery 404900N 0873519W  
Grand Army of The Republic Cemetery 404653N 0874159W  
Gilman Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Greentown Cemetery 405217N 0874004W  
Henry Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery 403809N 0875305W  
Iroquois Memorial Park 404620N 0874141W  
J H Grant Memorial Cemetery 405459N 0873230W  
Johnson Family Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Jones Cemetery 405824N 0874701W  
Julian Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Keen Cemetery 404524N 0874425W  
Kirby Cemetery 404821N 0875300W  
L'Erable Catholic Cemetery 405409N 0875042W  
Leckie Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Liberty Cemetery 405017N 0873312W  
Lisk Cemetery 403907N 0880501W  
Lister Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Longshore Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Lyman Cemetery 405108N 0874553W  
Magee Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Maple Grove Cemetery 403750N 0874220W  
McConnel Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
McCullough Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
McKinney Cemetery 381018N 0885045W  
Mendenall Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Milk's Grove Cemetery 405744N 0880458W  
Morris Chapel Cemetery 405009N 0873136W  
Mount Olivet Cemetery 405441N 0874240W  
Mount Vernon Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Nilson Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Oak Hill Cemetery 404659N 0874152W  
Oak Ridge Cemetery 405853N 0874200W  
Old Apostolic Cemetery 403042N 0874806W  
Old Burg Cemetery 405326N 0874612W  
Old Milford Cemetery 403728N 0874134W  
Old Salem Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Old Texas Cemetery 404720N 0873909W  
Old Winfield Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Onarga Cemetery 404315N 0880003W  
Orchardville Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Pace Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Pangburn Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Papineau Cemetery 405800N 0874321W  
Pierce Cemetery 404736N 0874711W  
Pine Ridge Cemetery 403136N 0880437W  
Pineview Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Prarie Dell Cemetery 404934N 0873844W  
Rappen Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Reddin Farm Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Ricker Farm Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Roberts Cemetery 404641N 0874017W  
Roper Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Rosenberger Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Rothgeb Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Rowe Family Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Saint John's Ash Grove Cemetery 403748N 0875421W  
Saint John's Lutheran Cemetery 403520N 0880137W  
Saint Joseph Cemetery 405813N 0874144W  
Saint Joseph Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Saint Mary & Joseph Cemetery 405949N 0875506W  
Saint Mary's Cemetery 405710N 0873909W  
Saint Mary's Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Saint Paul Lutheran Cemetery 403932N 0875048W  
Saint Peter's Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Saint Peter's Lutheran Cemetery 404440N 0875141W  
Schroeder-Gierker Burial Plot Unknown Unknown  
Schwer Cemetery 403941N 0874712W  
Seeder Hill Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Sheldon Cemetery 404542N 0873348W  
Six Graves Unknown Unknown  
Spence Family Burying Ground Unknown Unknown  
Spouch Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Sturdevant Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Sugar Creek Chapel Cemetery 403731N 0873809W  
Sursa Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Teege Cemetery 405542N 0874612W  
Tegge Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Thawville Cemetery 404035N 0880604W  
Thomas Cemetery Unknown Unknown Located southwest of Milford, about 1½ mile
Trinity Lutheran Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Troup Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Vennum Cemetery 404058N 0874141W  
Weatherford Farm Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Webster Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Wenger Cemetery 404705N 0875918W  
Wenger Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Wilson Cemetery 405126N 0875038W  
Wilson-Yates Cemetery Unknown Unknown  
Woodland Cemetery Unknown Unknown  


Clifton Cemetery Association

In 1861 William A. Viets set aside a piece of ground in the northeast part of the village for a cemetery. At his own expense he planted trees and shrubbery, laid out the cemetery, and maintained it for years. In the early days bodies were carried to the cemetery, or transported on stone-boat, or wagons. They were enclosed in rough board boxes. On March 18, 1869, a meeting was held at the office of Dr. Silas Earle for the purpose of forming a cemetery association under the General Incorporation Act. Officers elected were William A. Viets, President; Dr. Silas Earle, Secretary-treasurer; and Directors William A. Viets, Dr. Earle, and Alfred Van Wyck. On May 10, 1869, the Association bought from Mr. Viets, five acres of ground for $700.00, to be paid from the sale of lots. In July, 1902, John O'Neill and A. J. Libert raised funds to procure a site for a Catholic burying grounds in Clifton. On January 3, 1903, approximately, one-third of the eastern part of the ground was sold to St. Peter's Catholic Church of Clifton. In 1903, Wm. A. Viets donated a lot in the cemetery to the G.A.R. Post of Chebanse. A wooden monument was erected which was dedicated to the unknown dead and to be used in Decoration Day Services. In 1904 a cement walk to the cemetery was completed, a great improvement over the old path and rolling boardwalk.

(from Iroquois County History 1985 page 57-transcribed by Carrol Mick carrolmick@yahoo.com)

 


The Lisk Cemetery

Anson Lisk, father of Byron and Allen G., came to this country in the early 1850's and was truly one of the pioneers of its civilization. Living for a time in Michigan, he later came to Artesia Township to settle with his family in the northwest corner of the township. Mr. Lisk purchased land here and continued to reside there until the time of his death. He also made plans for his burial which was also to be on his own home land. He reserved an acre of ground which later became a burial ground.

Located on the northeast corner of the Lisk farm, the burial ground (over 125 years old) is still known as The Old Lisk Cemetery. Many persons were buried there, even Indians. This spot, which Mr. Lisk marked as a burial place, was unkempt, seldom cared for, and has never been incorporated. Here are buried people who lived in the community, infants, and children who were young, promising sons and daughters.

Burial stones, the few that are left, date back to 1863. It is difficult to locate most of the graves, because most of the stones are lying flat and have been covered by the earth due to the winds and rains of the passing years. The last person known to have been buried there was an infant child of August Rath and his wife, Sarah Ditman Rath.

(from page 119 Iroquois County History 1985 transcribed by Carrol Mick)


Watseka Republican Sept. 29, 1897

AT THE CEMETERY (Grand Army Republic & Oak Hill, Middleport Twp)


The mounting of the cannons at the Grand Army Cemetery is completed. Comrade Darrough has had charge of the work for the Williams post and certainly has done most excellently. The two big guns are about twelve feet east and west respectively from the monument with the piles of cannon balls equi-distant in front. The effect is good and the whole presents a very fine appearance. From the first the soldiers have expended fully, $1500 upon the work and every dollar has been made to go a long way....

The Sherman monument just completed at Oak Hill is altogether the most substantial and handsome monument of the many recently erected there. It is the work of William Petyt & Co. , Chicago, whose local agent is James G. Morton of this city. The material is the best dark Barre Granite, of classical design with Grecian moldings, nine by six feet at the base and rising to the height of over seven feet. The lot is also furnished with approaches, corner posts and markers in the same high grade granite. The entire weight of the stone is about 25 tons.


Back to the Main Index Page

©Illinois Genealogy Trails