Lee County Biography

Andrew Aschenbrenner




Agricultural and stock-raising interests of Lee county find a progressive and worthy representative in Andrew Aschenbrenner, who during the entire period of his active life has been engaged in farming in Bradford township. He is one of the extensive landowners in this part of Illinois and his success in the conduct of his large interests has made him widely and favorably known in business circles. He was born in Bradford township. April 1, 1865, and is a son of John and Catherine (Reinhart) Aschenbrenner, of whom further mention is made elsewhere in this work. Andrew Aschenbrenner was reared in this township and acquired his education in the district schools and Dixon College. He aided in the operation of the homestead until he was twenty- five years of age and then began farming independently. He afterward moved upon a farm on section 29, Bradford township, and here he has since resided, giving his attention to general farming and stock-raising. He has large interests in farming property in this locality, owning in partnership with his brother, Reinhart Aschenbrenner, sixteen hundred acres in Lee county. In addition to this they have valuable holdings in western states.

On the 22d of February, 1890, Mr. Aschenbrenner was united in marriage to Miss Malinda S. Frost, who was born in Bradford township, February 11, 1867. She is a daughter of Captain William S. and Sophia E. (Shaw) Frost, the former a native of Maine, and the latter of Niles, Michigan. Mr. and Mrs. Aschenbrenner have three children : Delia E., who was born June 11, 1893, and who is a talented musician ; Marian E., born August 16, 1898 ; and Andrew Reinhart Frost, born June 4, 1903. Mr. Aschenbrenner is well known in fraternal circles, holding membership in the Masonic lodge and chapter at Amboy and the Elks at Dixon, being affiliated also with the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and the Modern Woodmen of America. He gives his political allegiance to the republican party and served for fifteen years as township clerk. He is now in the twentieth year of his able service as school director and the cause of education finds in him an earnest supporter. He was a member of the board of review for the year 1912. He is receiver for the Northern Illinois Electric Railway of which company he is also secretary. It is likewise interesting to note that he ran the first car over the line. In Bradford township, where he has spent his entire life, he is widely and favorably known, having gained recognition as a substantial farmer and a useful citizen.

History of Lee County by Frank E. Stevens 1914

Bar

Back Home