Biography

Of

THOMAS E. HILLESON

Thomas E. Hilleson, renting two hundred and forty acres of the H.A. Hilleson estate, which comprises five hundred and sixty acres located on section 10, Willow Creek township, is a native of Lee county, born on the old Hilleson farm. His parents were H.A. and Anna (Nelson) Hilleson, the former a representative of a well known pioneer family of Lee county and a native of this locality. The grandfather settled here in 1835 and accumulated large landed holdings, his son inheriting at his death three hundred and twenty acres, which he increased to the live hundred and sixty acres which now comprise the Hilleson estate.

Thomas E. Hilleson acquired his education in the public schools of Lee county and in the Lutheran College at Decorah, Iowa. He afterward attended the University of Illinois for two years and at the end of that time returned home. He rents two hundred and forty acres of the estate and has made excellent improvements upon his property, erecting a modern residence and substantial barns and outbuildings. He gives his attention to mixed farming and has been very successful, for he follows always the most practical and progressive methods and is careful in the management of his business interests.

At Goldfield, Iowa, October 27, 1912, Mr. Hilleson was united in marriage to Miss Sarah Oppedahl, a daughter of Swen and Anna Oppedahl, of Goldfield, Iowa, leading citizens of that community. Mr. Hilleson is a member of the Lutheran church and a republican in his political beliefs. He is widely and favorably known in the community where he resides, enjoying in a large degree the friendship and esteem of those with whom he has been brought in contact.

Transcribed by Karen Holt - 1914 History of Lee County Illinois Vol 2 by Frank E. Stevens.

Lee Co Bios Home