Lee County Biography
George H. Page
George H. Page, born May 16, 1836 in Palmyra Township, was no doubt one of the most successful and outstanding "boys" of the township. In 1866 with his brothers, Charles and David, he went to Switzerland and established a condensed milk factory. Later George returned to Dixon and bought the beautiful Gov. Charters estate of Hazelwood, the Dr. Everett farm, Big Elm farm and the Woodruff farm up the river. He built the immense Anglo-Swiss condensed milk factory, now Bordens, and arranged all his affairs to live again in Dixon, but while in New York on business, contracted penumonia and died. He is buried in the old Palmyra cemetery with his parents and brothers and sisters.
Dixon Evening Telegraph May 1951