Lee County Farm Sales

Early Farm Scenes - Lee Co IL

Bar

RAY McCULLOUGH FARM AUCTIONED

280 Acres improved. Thursday June 29, 1944. Located 12 miles south of Dixon on Route 26 and six miles north of Ohio. Buildings consist of a large hip roof barn with cement gutters and room for 25 milk cows, 7 room house, double crib, and deep well. 200 acres is tillable, balance timber pasture. The soil is a black sandy type that would be greatly improved with lime. It is level and nicely located. 4200 bu corn last year and landlords share amounted to $2750. Offered for immediate possession subject to existing lease with new owner receiving entire landlords share or with a 20% down payment with possession March 1, 1945 and will be sold to best advantage of present owner. There is a federal loan of $6000 that can remain on the farm. This loan started in 1936. Everett Johnson - Auctioneer, Ohio IL
Dixon Evening telegraph 23 June 1944

Bar

The Wm. Stainbrook farm north of Compton and located in Viola township has been sold by Charles Bradshaw of Compton to Henry Kehm for $270 an acre. Another deal consumated by Mr. Bradshaw was the sale of H. S. Jeanguenot farm in Viola consisting of 120 acres to Mrs. Lillie A. Webber for a consideration of $27,500.
Contributed by Marilyn Widler

Bar

VIOLA TOWNSHIP FARM SELLS FOR $28,500
Edward Walter of Viola Township has purchased through Charles Bradshaw of Compton the Bert Hunt farm of 120 acres located near Webber school, consideration being $28,500. Mr. Hunt expects to locate near DeKalb in the near future and Mr. Walter will cultivate his farm in connection with the S. E. Johnson farm, which he now occupies. The farm is better known to the older ones of this vicinity as the W. H. Dow farm.
Contributed by Marilyn Widler

Contributed by Tom Terrall - Wilhelm Farm Sale February 18, 1880

Home