La Rose Community High School opened in 1913 . The last graduating class was in 1961. The building was used as a grade school for quite a few years until it was permanently closed and the students divided between Lowpoint-Washburn and the Toluca School District. Toluca consolidated with Minonk-Dana Rutland in 1993 to form the Fieldcrest School District.
The first Alumni Reunion was held in 1930. The Alumni Reunion is still held annually at the American Legion in Washburn Illinois.
La Rose School Song
(sung to the music of the "Notre Dame Victory March"
Cheer, Cheer, of old LaRose High.
Wake the echoes cheering her by.
Send a volleyed cheer on high.
Shake down the thunder from the sky.
What tho the odds be great or small.
Old LaRose High will win over all.
While her loyal sons are marching onward to victory!!!
1954 Graduation Class
Back to Marshall County Illinois History and Genealogy