Rock Island County, Illinois Genealogy Trails

 

Townships

Andalusia Formed from Edgington in September, 1858
Locations: Andalusia
Black Hawk Name changed from Camden on October 1, 1857
Bowling

Locations: Villages: Stephenson, Clarke settlement (Irish Settlers)  

Buffalo Prairie Name changed from Buffalo to Copper on October 1, 1857;
and from Copper to Buffalo Prairie in January, 1858.
Coal Valley  
Coe new Name changed from Fremont to Penn on October 1, 1857; from Penn to Coe in January, 1858. Map
Cordova updated Locations: The Maredosia (MARAIS de OGEE)
Village of Cordova
Drury Settled before 1837. Organized in 1857 and was named in honor of the Drury family.
Edgington Locations: Villages: Edgington, Taylor Ridge, Reynolds,
Hampton Locations: Barstow, Coal Town, Hampton, Carbon Cliff, Rapid City, Watertown
Moline  
Port Byron Locations: Village of Port Byron
Rock Island- County Seat Parkview, Longview, Keystone, Carriage Place, Watch Hill,
Augustana College,  Old Chicago Historic District, Broadway Historic District
Locations: Rock Island first named Stephenson , Rock Island City aka Searstown
Rural Formed from Coal Valley (date unknown)
South Moline Formed from Moline in March, 1879
South Rock Island Formed from Rock Island on March 1, 1878.
Zuma Name changed from Walker on October 1, 1857
   

Cities

Andalusia Map of Rock Island County Cities East Moline Moline
Babcock Edgington Osborn
Barstow Fruitland Oak Grove
Bridgeway Addition Glendale (historical) Poplar Grove
Buffalo Prairie Ginger Hill Port Byron
Carbon Cliff Rustic Acres Rapids City
Castle Junction Hillsdale Reynolds
Cedar Brook Hampton Rock Island City  aka SEARS
Coal Valley Illinois City  
Cordova Joslin  
Coyne Center Milan  

 

BACK
Rock Island County, Illinois
Genealogy Trails History Group is a Volunteer Organization Dedicated to providing FREE access to Historical and Genealogical Data.
2006 - 2014 by Genealogy Trails -  All Rights Reserved - With full rights reserved for original submitters.