BANKSON, Andrew, pioneer and early legislator, a native of Tennessee, settled on Silver Creek, in St. Clair County, Ill., four miles south of Lebanon, about 1808 or 1810, and subsequently removed to Washington County. He was a Colonel of "Rangers" during the War of 1812, and a Captain in the Black Hawk War of 1832. In 1822 he was elected to the State Senate from Washington County, serving four years, and at the session of 1822-23 was one of those who voted against the Convention resolution which had for its object to make Illinois a slave State. He subsequently removed to Iowa Territory, but died, in 1853, while visiting a son-in-law in Wisconsin.["Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois" Transcribed by K. T.]
BARNUM, William H., lawyer and ex-Judge, was born in Onondaga County, N. Y., Feb. 13, 1840. When he was but two years old his family removed to St. Clair County, Ill., where he passed his boyhood and youth. His preliminary education was obtained at Belleville, Ill., Ypsilanti, Mich., and at the Michigan State University at Ann Arbor. After leaving the institution last named at the end of the sophomore year, he taught school at Belleville, still pursuing his classical studies. In 1862 he was admitted to the bar at Belleville, and soon afterward opened an office at Chester, where, for a time, he held the office of Master in Chancery. He removed to Chicago in 1867, and, in 1879, was elevated to the bench of the Cook County Circuit Court. At the expiration of his term he resumed private practice
["Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois" Transcribed by K. T]
BECKER, Charles St. N., ex-State Treasurer, was born in Germany, June 14, 1840, and brought to this country by his parents at the age of 11 years, the family settling in St. Clair County, Ill. Early in the Civil War he enlisted in the 12th Missouri regiment, and, at the battle of Pea Ridge, was so severely wounded that it was found necessary to amputate one of his legs. In 1866 he was elected Sheriff of St. Clair County, and, from 1872 to 1880, he served as clerk of the St. Clair Circuit Court. He also served several terms as a City Councilman of Belleville. In 1888 he was elected State Treasurer on the Republican ticket, serving from Jan. 14, 1889 to Jan. 12, 1891.
["Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois" Transcribed by K. Torp]
BEEDLE, Horace Grant, secretary to the mayor; born, O'Fallon, ILL, Oct. 20, 1868; son of Samuel H. and Ellen (Bowler) Beedle; educated in public schools of Illinois, 1874-84, business college, 1885, Illinois State Normal University, Normal, ILL., 1886-89; married, St. Louis, Apr. 4, 1899, Florence P. Children: daughter: Clyde II. Taught school, 1890-91; newspaper reporter, 1892-95; Secretary Merchants' League Club, 1896-99; in wholesale paint and white lead business, under the firm name of H. G. Beedle Paint Co., 1899-1909; secretary Election Board, 1909-11; since secretary to the mayor. Republican. Member of House of Representatives in 40th General Assembly of Missouri. Baptist. Mason (32), Shriner. Club: City. Recreations: fishing and hunting. Office: City Hall. Residence: 4130 Cleveland Ave.
(Source: "The Book of St. Louisans", Publ. 1912. Transcribed by Charlotte Slater)
Casey, Zadoc, congressman, was born in 1796 in Georgia. In 1833-43 he was a representative from Illinois to the twenty-third to the twenty-seventh congresses; also held the office of lieutenant-governor of the state; and was a member of one of the state constitutional conventions. He died in 1862 in Caseyville, Ill.
[Source: "Herringshaw's National Library of American Biography: Contains Thirty-five Thousand Biographies of the Acknowledged Leaders of Life and Thought of the United States, by William Herringshaw", 1909 – Transcribed by Therman Kellar]
The gentleman whose sketch now occupies our attention is the prosperous farmer who lives on section 16, New Athens Township, St. Clair County. The German Fatherland was the birthplace of his father, Claus Joseph, who was born in Baden in 1802, was reared there, and in the same country married Mary Ann Vagtlin. Following the great company of relatives and friends who had already found a home in this country, Claus Joseph came to America in 1837 and located in St Clair County, choosing land one and one-half miles north of Freeburg, where he lived for two years. He then removed to the place on which our subject now lives, and in the year 1871 died there, leaving four children: Mary Magdalene, who married George Buechler,and has since died; John, our subject; Claus, who died at the age of ten years; and Catherine, who died at the age of six months. The subject of this sketch is the only one of the family left. His father was a successful farmer, and both he and his wife, who died in 1886, were faithful members of the Lutheran Church, being liberal supporters of it. John Joseph, born December 28,1827, in Baden, Germany, was ten years old when his parents brought him to this country. He was reared and educated in this county, and acquired a knowledge of the English language with remarkable quickness. He became acquainted with the family of John Lortz, an early settler in this county, and in 1850 the daughter, Caroline, became his wife. After the ceremony, he brought his bride to the place where they now live, and where four children have been born to them, one of whom died in infancy; George died when a
bright little fellow of four years. Louis was born in January, 1860, is married, and lives in New Athens in this township; and Edward, born in 1861, is married and lives upon his father's farm, which he operates. Our subject has made all the improvements upon this place, and has a good brick house and all the modern improvements. The farm is a fine piece of land of five hundred and sixty-one acres, all of which is in a good state of cultivation. His principal crop is of wheat, and sometimes the yield is wonderful. Mr. Joseph and family belong to the Evangelical Lutheran Church, of which they are devoted members. In his political convictions, he prefers the principles of the Democratic party, and he has held the office of School Director in several districts. He has lived a hard, work-a-day life, which has been crowned with success in a worldly sense, and, what is better, with the reward of an approving conscience and the approbation and esteem of his neighbors. His estimable wife and himself are among the most prominent people of the township, whom all deem it a happy privilege to know. [Portrait and biographical record of St. Clair County, Illinois : containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens, together with biographies and portraits of all the presidents of the United States. Chicago: Chapman Bros., 1892 - KT Sub by FoFG]
KINKADE, Albert Gallatin (Sr)
Albert G. Kinkade was born December 10, 1824 at Centerville Illinois to George
Wilson Kinkade and Sarah McAllister Kinkade. He died May 11 1914. He married Nancy Sarah Kirkwood May 5 1852 Albert G. Kinkade was an overseer of slaves, postmaster and furniture store owner.
He fought in the Mexican war. He was one of twins, the twin brother was named Alfred Perry.
Albert knew Abraham Lincoln. The twin did not grow into adulthood, but date of death is unknown.
Nancy Sarah Kirkwood was born March 16, 1835 near Lake Erie in New York State. She died Nov 11, 1911.
It is believed that ten children were born into this union. Nancy is the daughter of Robert Kirkwood who was born in Ireland, October 15, 1810 and died October 16, 1863. Her mothers name was Sarah (?) born November 7, 1812-April 8, 1861. [Submitted by J. Mike; Source: Files of Delores Kinkade Hemmer. (Delores is my mother's cousin on her mothers side]
Albert Gallatin Kinkade (jr) was born July 8, 1867, in Lawerence County Illinois to Albert Gallatin Kinkade and Nancy Sarah Kirkwood Kinkade. He died at the home of a daughter Sarah Ibbitson, December 29, 1962. October 9, 1913, he married Frances Rose Ulm Wood at Olney Illinois. His first wife was Jane Thompson, who died of cancer. Albert was a farmer and a sawyer. Frances Rose Ulm (Fannie) was born January 2, 1870 in Mt Carmi Illinois. She died June 2, 1955 at her home.
Grandma Fannie was a homemaker. She was an excellent cook. Sunday dinners at their home always meant custard pies or angel food cake and usually chicken. The breakfast menu never varied, it was oatmeal, hot boiled eggs and toast(bread toast held with a long handled fork over an open burner, sometimes got a little black) and hot tea. Her first husband was Pascal Wood, He died in an skeet shooting accident. [Submitted by J. Mike; Source: Files of Delores Kinkade Hemmer. (Delores is my mother's cousin on her mothers side]
RITTENHOUSE, William P.
WILLIAM P. RITTENHOUSE, the subject of the present sketch, resides upon survey 381, Smithton Township, St. Clair County, whose attractive and homelike residence is almost hidden from the highway by a row of beautiful shade trees, which make the place very picturesque. Our subject was the son of Elijah Rittenhouse, who was born in the Keystone State in 1801, came to St. Clair County in 1805 with his parents and settled on the place where our subject now resides. The grandfather, Peter Rittenhouse, was one of the earliest settlers of this township and entered Government land here. The father of our subject, Elijah, married Leah Walker, the daughter of an old sea-captain,who spent his last days as a farmer in Illinois. After his marriage, Elijah settled on the place where our subject now lives, and remained there until his death in 1870. He reared a family of four daughters and two sons, all of whom grew to maturity. They were Elizabeth, Sarah, Eleanor, Caroline, Elisha and our subject. The father was in the Indian campaigns of the early days and fought in the war against the Winnebago Indians. Our subject was born April 9, 1844, on the place of his present residence; here he was reared and attended the district school and was married, in 1870, to Miss Sarah Hill, daughter of Peter and Emily (Thrift) Hill; her father was born and reared in this county and still lives near Freeburg, Ill., and her mother first saw the light in the State of Kentucky. After his marriage, our subject began housekeeping, and on the home place his three children were born, two of whom are living, George E. and Charles D., William having died on the 13th of February, 1892. William Rittenhouse and his wife have two hundred and seven acres of good land, all of which is well improved, a great deal of it in the locality of the richest beds of coal, upon which is raised grain, principally, but, there is also kept up a first-class variety of stock. The husband is a member of the Grange, and, politically, a Republican. The home of Mr. Rittenhouse is so beautifully located that we can understand his affection for it, hidden away behind the shade of the trees and concealed from the prying eye of curiosity. A place of contentment it is, whose inmates have won the regard of neighbors and friends on account of their mental and social qualities. One of the oldest families of that region, its members preserve and cherish the good name handed down to them, and their lives point the moral that good and honest living ever brings with it the approval of friends as well as of one's conscience. [Portrait and biographical record of St. Clair County, Illinois : containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens, together with biographies and portraits of all the presidents of the United States. Chicago: Chapman Bros., 1892 - KT Sub by FoFG]
CONRAD ROSE, recognized as one of the energetic, influential business men of Wenatchee, Chelan county, is present and general manager of the Wenatchee Produce Company. Though still a young man, his residence in the state embraces nearly a quarter of a century, and his business acquaintance is wide.
He was born in St. Clair county, Illinois, February 5, 1862, his father, Conrad Rose, being a native of Germany, and at present a resident of Trenton, Missouri. Arriving in the United States in 1860, a few months prior to the opening of the Civil War, he settled in Illinois, where he prosecuted the business of a merchant tailor. The mother, Elizabeth (Pike) Rose, a native of Illinois, died in 1871. At the age of four years young Rose was taken by his parents to Iowa, and it was in this state that he received a practical business education, ably supplemented by subsequent experience in a general store which he entered at the age of fourteen.
Following a residence of eight years in Missouri, Conrad Rose came to Washington, and settled in Sprague, Lincoln county, in 1883. He was at that time twenty years old. He was in the service of the Northern Pacific Railway Company for two years as fireman, and three years as engineer. In 1888 he located at Wenatchee, where he purchased one hundred and sixty acres of land, converting the same into a most eligible and productive ranch. Four years subsequently he sold this to the Wenatchee Development Company, and purchased forty acres one mile southwest of Wenatchee, improving the same to a high degree of productiveness. Mr. Rose formed a partnership in 1898 with Leroy Wright, and the two engaged in the present business. On January 1, 1903, they formed a company under the name of the Wenatchee Produce Company, with the following officers: Conrad Rose, president and general manager; Leroy Wright, vice-president; C.S. Crider, secretary and treasurer. The principal line of business is shipping fruit and various kinds of farm produce. The company also deals in cereals, salt, seeds, bee supplies, hay and grain.
With the steady and flattering growth of Wenatchee Mr. Rose has been closely identified since his location in the vicinity. On the organization of the new county he was appointed commissioner, later elected to the same office and re-elected at the last election. He is, also, a member of the school board. Although Mr. Rose elects to reside on his beautiful ranch he owns considerable residence and business property in Wenatchee. His home residence is a substantial two-story house, surrounded by an attractive lawn, with dark green alfalfa fields within the range of vision, and a fine orchard adding to the homelike scene.
At Sprague, Washington, our subject was married to Elizabeth H. Milner, December 8, 1885. She was born in England, where her father, Thomas Milner, at present resides. A half brother of Mrs. Rose is at present in California, an engineer on the Southern Pacific railroad. Her sister, Martha, is the wife of William Landingham, of Wilbur, Washington. Two half sisters of Mrs. Rose are in England, Margaret and Ellen, and three half brothers, John, Joseph and
William. To Mr. and Mrs. Rose have been born two sons, Philip, of Redlands, California, and George, now a merchant tailor at Everett, Washington. They have four half brothers, Edward, Ashley, Benjamin and John, merchant tailors, Trenton, Missouri, and two half sisters, Mary, wife of Harry Jolly, and Fanny, a school girl, now living at Trenton, Missouri.
Fraternally Mr. Rose is a member of Riverside Lodge, No. 112, A.F. & A.M., Wenatchee Chapter, R.A.M., No. 479, B.P.O.E., Everett, Washington, and M.W.A., Wenatchee. Politically, he is a Democrat, but not a partisan.
Mr. Rose has the following named children, Mary, Moss, Maud, Thomas C., George, Philip, and Edward. [SOURCE: “An Illustrated History of Stevens, Ferry, Okanogan, and Chelan Counties in the state of Washington”; Western Historical Publishing Company, 1904 – Tr. by Tammie Rudder]
SHARPE, CHARLES I.N.
CHARLES I. N. SHARPE was born on March 4, 1874, at Belleville, Illinois, and educated in Boston, Philadelphia and St. Louis, being graduated from a high school in the city last named and afterward attending college. He studied chemistry and assaying under the direction of his father, and worked in the office with him many years, occasionally going out and doing assaying in a number of mining camps on his own account. He located many of the claims which form the holding of the two mining companies of which he is now superintendent. Having often and abundantly demonstrated his knowledge of the business and his capacity to carry it on, at the death of this father he was chosen to succeed him and placed in charge of both the Latchaw and the Mercury companies. He has filled the positions with great credit to himself and advantage to the companies. The work of both has progressed rapidly and successfully under his management. Politically, like his father, he is not an active partisan. Fraternally he belongs to the order of Elks, holding his membership in the lodge of the order at Leadville. [(Source: Progressive Men of Western Colorado, Publ 1905. Transcribed by Marilyn Clore]
SOME ILLINOIS PIONEER SETTLERS.
It is pleasant to know that we yet have with us a goodly number of the pioneers who came into the State following closely upon the trail of the departing Indians.
In Belleville is Mr. Benjamin J. West, almost ninety-seven years old, who was born in Virginia in 1812, and came to St. Clair county, Illinois, with his parents, in 1820; and is still sprightly and active, with all his intellectual faculties unimpaired. He was well acquainted with all the early Governors of the State from Bond to Ford; knew intimately Daniel P. Cook, Elias K. Kane and Senator Jesse B. Thomas; and was also personally acquainted with General Jackson, Martin VanBuren and Henry Clay, to say nothing of many other men of distinction who were the bright public luminaries in the earlier part of the last century. [Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society, Volume 1 --- Jan. 1909 - Sub. by K.T.]
For twenty-one years the subject of this memoir has been a resident of Kansas. His settlement in Coffey county in 1881 marked the beginning of his connection with the prairies of the Sunflower State, and a residence in Woodson county and ten years spent in Neosho county tell the story of his career on this side of the Mississippi. But Mr. Robinson is essentially a western man. He was born in St. Clair County, Illinois, where his father settled as a pioneer, his birth occurring on the 13th of February, 1833. He is a son of John R. and Piety (Wakefield) Robinson, the former's people being North Carolinans and the latter's native of Georgia. The parents were married in Indiana and came from that state into Illinois before the latter was admitted into the Union.
Semi Robinson was the fourth child of his parents, who had five sons and five daughters. He was a country youth and his opportunities were those of the rural district. In December, 1863, he enlisted in Company I, Twentieth Illinois Volunteer Infantry, and took part in every engagement of his regiment during the war. He was discharged at Louisville, Kentucky, in July, 1865, and settled on a farm in Jefferson county, Illinois, on his return to civil pursuits. He remained in his native state till 1881 when he swelled the throng of old soldiers bound for the west and located in Kansas. He resided in Coffey county four years, in Woodson county seven years, and has been numbered among the modest formers of Neosho county for more than ten years.
In 1852 Mr. Robinson was first married, his wife being Mary B. Cochran, of Franklin county, Illinois, who lived only a few days. August 7, 1853, he was again married, Mary M. Dale becoming his wife. June 17, 1900, Mrs. Robinson died leaving the following children. John W., who is in the employ of the Missouri Pacific railroad at Yates Center, Kansas, and Chas. A. Robinson, a blacksmith, of Gas, Kansas. April 17, 1902, Mr. Robinson took a third wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Adkison becoming the lady of his choice. She was formerly Miss Elizabeth Wolcott and is a daughter of Moses H. and Mary (Burney) Wolcott, and was born in Montgomery county, Pennsylvania, April 28, 1833. The Wolcotts were originally from Connecticut and the Burneys from Pennsylvania where they met and where Mrs. Robinson's parents were married, and from whence they emigrated to Louisa county, Iowa, when Mrs. Robinson was a little girl. She grew up there and married Robt. O. Watson who died as a member of Company C, Eighth Iowa Infantry. Mrs. Robinson married the second time May 2, 1867, her husband being John Hodson. He died in 1893, and in 1895 his widow married J. W. Adkison, who died in 1900. Mrs. Robinson came to Kansas in 1870 with her second husband and settled in Neosho county.
Mr. Robinson is not only well known as a citizen but his political sentiments are matters of common information. He has been Republican ever since the party was organized and has helped to fight its battles for more than forty years. He cast his first vote in Franklin county, Illinois, and in the campaign of 1856 he cast his first ballot for president. As a citizen he is a gentleman of wide acquaintance and wherever known is highly esteemed. [Source: History of Neosho and Wilson Counties, Kansas, Pub. by L. Wallace Duncan, Fort Scott, Kansas, Monitor Printing Co., 1902; transcribed by V. Bryan]
In this article is portrayed the results of a life of energy and determination on the part of a German boy who was orphaned in youth in a foreign land, who sold a year's service for his passage to the United States, met every obligation of his minority, surmounted the difficulties and obstacles of middle life and has achieved an enviable financial and social position in Neosho county toward the evening of life. The record of Nikolaus Ley is one to be preserved and his achievements perpetuated for the emulation of our posterity. His life has had in it the elements which drive one to financial independence. A degree of thrift is characteristic of the foreigner, for the same industry practiced in the countries of Europe to maintain an existence will, when applied to the United States, gather wealth rapidly and put one on the high road to affluence. In our land of free institutions and blessed opportunities few foreigners know failure. In proportion to their numbers they own the wealth of the nation and in proportion to their advantages they achieve the places of honor and distinction.
On the 16th of November, 1846, the town of Hintersteinau, Germany, produced an infant, Nikolaus Ley. His parents were Andreas and Gertrude (Loos) Ley and Nikolaus was the first of three children born to them. He was kept in school from the day of his eligibility to the death of his father and mother, and graduated at fourteen years old when he was at the head of his class. For the first four years he did farm work for wages with little results beyond the earning of sufficient to clothe and sustain himself. He opened up a correspondence with a maternal uncle in Pennsylvania looking to a favorable opportunity to reach the United States. The uncle offered to advance the passage money to bring his nephew to America if the latter would repay him in work. The offered money was accepted, the boy landed in New York April 9, 1866, and discharged his debt to his relative with a whole year's work. With this obligation cleared he was free to do his will and he went to work in a glass factory in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. He remained a year and then went to St. Clair county, Illinois, where he spent two years in mining coal in winter and working on a farm in summer and then farmed three years for himself. In the spring of 1874 his next move was made and he came to Neosho county, Kansas, and began a career which has ended in wealth and honor. From the modest small farmer he rose by degrees to the station of proprietor of a good estate, well stocked, and his lands and his stock are not all of his achievements. Four hundred and forty acres of fertile soil constitute his farm and describe a part of his accumulations. The others are in the improvements, appurtenances and hereditaments of the farm.
March 6, 1871, Mr. Ley married in St. Clair county, Illinois, Mary Weber, a daughter of John and Henrietta (Stritsinger) Weber, born in Hesse Darmstadt, German Empire, February 26, 1850. The four children of Mr. and Mrs. Ley are Mary, a teacher in the public schools of Neosho county, and John W., William F. and Walter A., who are valuable aids to the family home.
Thus briefly is told the story of poverty, industry and material prosperity. To posterity let the example of industry be a valuable lesson and it will, when coupled with a wise economy, bring always, the same result. [Source: History of Neosho and Wilson Counties, Kansas, Pub. by L. Wallace Duncan, Fort Scott, Kansas, Monitor Printing Co., 1902; transcribed by V. Bryan]
BROWN, Shelby C.
Shelby C. Brown, who has gained prestige as a lawyer of ability in Neosho county, and is now holding the office of city attorney of Chanute, was born in Jefferson county, Illinois, March 4, 1855, his parents being Russell and Nellie Brown, the former a native of New York and the latter of Illinois. In the year 1852 the father removed westward locating in Jefferson county, Illinois, where he has since resided, having now attained the age of seventy-seven years. At the time of the civil war he gave his aid to the Union cause by enlisting at President Lincoln's first call for seventy-five thousand troops, becoming a member of the forty-fourth Illinois infantry and held the rank of lieutenant while later he was promoted to the position of acting quartermaster. He served for nearly four years in the army of the southwest and took part with General "Pap" Thomas in the battles of Franklin and Nashville. He was taken prisoner and held for a week, and was then exchanged. He was never wounded nor were any of his six brothers, all of whom entered the army and all left it to return home after rendering valuable service to their country. He has served as county surveyor, as county commissioner and tax collector, but has never been a politician in the sense of office seeking, his official honors being conferred upon him, in recognition of his trustworthiness and ability, by his fellow townsmen. His wife is a member of the Methodist Episcopal church and has reached the age of sixty-four years.
In the county of his nativity, S. C. Brown was reared and after acquiring his education he engaged in teaching for several terms in the country schools of St. Clair and Jefferson counties, Illinois, in order that he might thus provide for the expense of a college course. He also engaged in clerking, and in canvassing for the "Royal Path of Life." He pursued his college course in McKendree college and completed his literary studies by graduation in the class of 1880. He then began the study of law and completed that course with the class of 1882. In 1883 he was invited to return and deliver the master oration and at that commencement the degree of master of science was conferred upon him.
Mr. Brown began the practice of law in 1882 following the profession for two years in Chicago, after which he came to Chanute, Kansas, in April, 1884, opening an office in this place. He has since remained here and has become an active member of the bar, and has practiced law in the state and United States courts. In 1890 he was appointed city attorney and served for one term and in 1894 was elected county attorney. Since his retirement from the latter office he has served for two years as city attorney. While acting as the county prosecutor the most important case with which he was connected was that of the State vs. Ed Anderson, the latter being prosecuted and convicted of murder in the first degree. The case was tried in the July term of 1896 and be it said to the credit of the county that no murder trial has since been held up to August, 1902, in the Neosho county court. Mr. Brown is a thorough and pains taking lawyer, devoted to his clients' interests, yet never forgetting that he owes a higher allegiance to the majesty of the law. It is the duty of the lawyer to aid the court in arriving at just and equitable conclusions and in this regard Mr. Brown conforms to the high standard of professional ethics. He never surrounds his case with a sentimental garb of unnecessary oratory, but seeks to present his cause in the strong, clear light of reason and common sense and is widely recognized as one of the. leading and popular attorneys of this portion of the state. In addition to the offices which he has filled in connection with his profession, he has served for one term on the school board.
On the 22nd of December, 1887, Mr. Brown was united in marriage with Miss Ella O. Heller, a native of Tuscarawas county, Ohio, and daughter of John and Kate Heller, also natives of that state. They now have two children. Shelby Gale and John Russell. Mrs. Brown is a member of the Methodist Episcopal church and Mr. Brown belongs to the Masonic and Knights of Pythias fraternities and to the Ancient Order of United Workmen. He is Past Chancellor of the second named and Master Workman of the local lodge of the last named organization. In politics he is an ardent Republican and comes of a family strong in the support of the principles of that party. As a citizen he is enterprising and progressive and as a lawyer has broad information, learning, and keen insight, which enables him to readily determine the strong points of a case, while his argumentative powers enable him to present clearly and effectively the point with which he wishes to impress the jury or court. He has won many victories for his clients and his ability as an attorney is widely acknowledged. [Source: History of Neosho and Wilson Counties, Kansas, Pub. by L. Wallace Duncan, Fort Scott, Kansas, Monitor Printing Co., 1902; transcribed by V. Bryan]
BACK -- HOME
Copyright © Genealogy Trails