Indians, who formerly inhabited the north part of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and a portion of Tennessee, most of whom have been removed to a territory west of Arkansas, provided for them by the United States government. Schools and missionary establishments have been successfully instituted among this people from time to time; but equally or more efficacious means of civilization have been introduced through the agency of agriculture and the mechanic arts. Their territory embraces ____ square miles and is traversed by Arkansas, Verdigris and Neosho rivers. The chief town and military station is Fort Gibson on the Neosho river. Population: in 1826 was about 16,000 & in 1841 was 25,911
The town of Dwight in Pope Co, AR, 77 miles NW of Little Rock, contains a missionary station among the Cherokees established by the American Board of Foreign Missions in 1820.
Kidron PV in the Cherokee Nation, AR
Indians, who formerly inhabited the regions along the head branches of the Alabama, Tombigbee and Yazoo rivers, in the northwest part of Georgia and the northerly parts of Alabama and Mississippi, most of whom have emigrated to the territory west of Arkansas on the north side of the Red river, appropriated for them by the United States government. Area of their territory, ____ square miles. Chief town, Fort Washita. Population: in 1830 was 3,500 and in 1841 was 4,111
Indians (Flat Heads), who dwelt in the northwest part of Mississippi, most of whom have emigrated to the territory appropriated for them by the United States government, west of Arkansas, on the south side of Canadian river. The principle stations are Armstrong, Academy, Boggy Depot, Choctaw Agency, Doaksville, Eagletown, and Wheelock, where their are post offices. Population: in 1841 was 12,410
Indians (Muscogees), who formerly inhabited the western part of Georgia and eastern portion of Alabama, most of whom have emigrated to the territory west of Arkansas, on the Arkansas river, appropriated for them by the United States government. Area of their territory, _____ square miles. Chief station, Creek Agency, Population: in 1841 was 24,594 & in 1850 was 25,000.
|Great Crossing||PV||Scott Co, KY||water by Elkhorn creek, seat of Indian academy|
|Uniontown||PO||only listed as in Indian Territory|