Bethel Baptist Church
Bethel Baptist Church was the first Baptist Church in Leon, Iowa.
It was organized in a school house in July 1852.
Charter members were:
Absalom W. Cox
Martha N. Cox
The first church building was destroyed by fire in 1866. The present building was built in 1871 with the tract
of land which was conveyed from John Henderson and Jane Henderson to the trustees of the Bethel Baptist Church
on 16 May 1871. The cemetery was started about the same time.
Source: Mr and Mrs. Earl Hullinger, printed in the "Hawkeye Heritage", Spring 1996
©2007 Genealogy Trails