. . . about Springbrook, Iowa
1878 Jackson County, Iowa Gazetteer
1879 Jackson County, Iowa History
From 1878 Jackson County, Iowa Gazetteer
A village situated about the centre of Jackson township, seventeen miles north-east from Maquoketa, is the site of a Roman Catholic Church (St. Peter's), erected in 1865, at a cost of about $5,000. In 1872 the post office was changed from old Spring Brook and located here, with C. Kegler as postmaster, who is also at present incumbent of the office.
The principal business of the place is carried on by C. M. Kegler, who carries on a general merchandise business and occupies one of the finest stores in the county, occupying an area of 40x60 feet, two stories, and built entirely of stone.
[Owen's Gazetteer and Directory of Jackson County, Iowa, Owen Publishing Company, Davenport, Iowa, 1878. Submitted by Mary Kay Krogman.]
From 1879 History of Jackson County Iowa
Is a post office village in Jackson Township. It is the site of a Roman Catholic Church, and contains a fine store building, in which business is conducted by C. M. Kegler, who is also Postmaster.
[The History of Jackson County Iowa, Published November 1879. Transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman]