. . . about Zwingle, Iowa
From The History of Jackson County Iowa, Published November 1879
ZWINGLE is located on the county line, being in part in Jackson and in part in Dubuque County. Here was established the first Reformed Church in Iowa. Zwingle
is on the narrow-gauge road now building from Bellevue to Cascade. It contains a mill, a general store, two blacksmith shops, a wagon shop, etc.
[The History of Jackson County Iowa, Published November 1879. Transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman]