Hazelton, one of the incorporated towns of Barber county, is located on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe and the Missouri Pacific railroads, 18 miles southeast of Medicine Lodge, the county seat. It has 2 banks, a weekly newspaper (the Herald), 3 churches and a number of mercantile establishments. The town is supplied with telegraph and express offices and a money order postoffice with two rural routes. The population in 1910 according to the government census was 350.
(Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, 1912, edited by Frank Wilson Blackmar, Vol. 1, Page 833)
Hazelton was founded in 1883. It was named for its founder, Rev. J. Hazelton, a pioneer settler. The first post office in Hazelton was established in October 1883.
(Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)