Sharon, an incorporated city of the third class in Barber county, is located in the township of the same name, and is a station on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe R. R., 9 miles east of Medicine Lodge. It has a bank, a church, a number of retail stores, telegraph and express offices and a money order postoffice with two rural routes. The population according to the census of 1910 was 350.
(Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, 1912, edited by Frank Wilson Blackmar, Vol. 2, Pages 681-682)
Sharon was founded in 1883. Sharon is a Hebrew name meaning "plain".
(Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)