LEAVENWORTH COUNTY, KANSAS

HISTORY

JAGGARD

Jaggard, a railroad town in the southeastern part of Leavenworth county, is on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe R. R. 2 miles northwest of Bonner Springs, from which it has rural free delivery, and 19 miles from Leavenworth, the county seat. (Kansas Cyclopedia, Volume II, Edited by Frank W. Blackmar, A. M., Ph. D., 1912, page 19)

JARBALO

Jarbalo, a village of Leavenworth county, is situated on the Leavenworth & Topeka, R. R. 13 miles southwest of Leavenworth. It has a money order postoffice, general stores, agricultural implements house, express office, and in 1910 had a population of 100. The town is in shipping and supply station for a rich agricultural district. (Kansas Cyclopedia, Volume II, Edited by Frank W. Blackmar, A. M., Ph. D., 1912, page 20)

JAY

Jay, a hamlet in the western part of Leavenworth county, is 15 miles from Leavenworth and 6 miles southwest of Easton, the most convenient railroad station, from which place mail is delivered by rural carrier. (Kansas Cyclopedia, Volume II, Edited by Frank W. Blackmar, A. M., Ph. D., 1912, page 20)


  back to Index Page
  
Copyright © 2012 to Kansas Genealogy Trails' Leavenworth County host & all Contributors
  All rights reserved