PHILLIPS COUNTY, KANSAS

HISTORY

Agra, one of the principal towns of Phillips county, is a station on the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific R. R., 12 miles east of Phillipsburg, the county seat. It was first settled in 1888, was incorporated in 1904, and in 1910 repoted a population of 347. Agra has a bank, a money order postoffice which supplies mail to the surrounding country by rural free delivery, grain elevators, a weekly newspaper - the Sentinel - good schools, churches, a considerable retail trade, and ships large quantities of grain and live stock. (Kansas Cyclopedia of State History, by Frank W. Blackmar, A. M., Ph. D., Volume 1, 1912, page 32)


Back to Index Page
  
Copyright © to Kansas Genealogy Trails' Phillips County host & all Contributors
  All rights reserved

 

Genealogy Trails' Kansas


  back to Index Page
  
Copyright © 2010 to Kansas Genealogy Trails' Phillips County host & all Contributors
  All rights reserved