We regret that we are
perform personal research for anybody.
Calcasieu Parish History
Calcasieu Parish was created March 24, 1840, from the parish of Saint Landry, one of the original nineteen civil parishes established by the Louisiana Legislature in 1807. The original parish seat chosen was Comasaque Bluff, east of the river later called Marsh Bayou Bluff, and on December 8, 1840, named Marion. Jacob Ryan was successful, in 1852, in having the parish seat moved from Marion to the east bank of Lake Charles. This parish seat was incorporated as the town of Charleston in 1857, and was reincorporated in 1868 as Lake Charles. It is located about six miles from the original parish seat of Marion, which is now known as Old Town.
As the population in this area grew over the years, the original Calcasieu Parish was divided into five smaller parishes.
The original area of Calcasieu Parish is called Imperial Calcasieu.
Cities and Towns
DeQuincy * Lake Charles (parish seat) * Sulphur * Westlake *
Iowa * Vinton
Carlyss * Gillis * Hayes * Moss Bluff * Prien * Starks