The parish was part of Feliciana Parish which was founded in 1810 and was divided on February. 27, 1824 into East Feliciana Parish and West Feliciana Parish. The Parish Seat is Clinton. In 1816 a courthouse was built and Jackson became the seat of Feliciana Parish; later, when the parish was divided to the relief of the people in West Feliciana, it was named the seat of East Feliciana until the town of Clinton was established. The parish was divided by the state of Lousiana to make it easier on the citizens in the western part of Feliciana to be able to travel to the county seat.
to this Louisiana Genealogy Trails
is a new site, fashioned after our
and we hope to soon add data here
that can help Louisiana
researchers as much as we've been
able to help our Illinois