We regret that we are
perform personal research for anybody.
St. Tammany Parish History
On December 22, 1810, St. Tammany Parish was created by proclamation. Governor Claiborne never explained why he named the new parish St. Tammany.
The name is generally thought to have come from Tamanend, a Delaware Indian Chief, who is reputed to have been a great friend to the white man in the early days of the colonization of the East Coast.His name lived on in political society called the Sons of Tammany, which eventually gave its name to Tammany Hall in New York City.The title of Saint was purely honorary, although Tamanend was renowned for his goodness.
The parish seat is Covington.
Covington ~ Mandeville ~ Slidell
Abita Springs ~ Madisonville ~ Pearl River
Folsom ~ Sun
Eden Isle ~ Lacombe
Alton ~ Amos ~ Audobon ~ Big Branch ~ Blond ~ Bonfuca ~ Bush ~ Chinchuba ~ Crawford Landing ~ Dave ~ Davis Landing ~ Florenville ~ Goodbee ~ Haaswood ~ Hickory ~ Houltonville ~ Lewisburg ~ Maude ~ McClane City ~ Morgan Bluff North Slidell ~ Oaklawn ~ St. Benedict ~ St. Joe ~ St. Tammany ~ St. Tammany Corner ~ Talisheek ~ Waldheim ~ White Kitchen ~