Culbertson Baptist Church

Ruston, Louisiana

 

                      

                                                

The Cemetery

                                                                                 

Church History

CULBERTSON CEMETERY is located on Hwy. #151 at
Lincoln Parish line next to Culbertson Baptist Church.

The Culbertson Baptist Church  was officially organized on May 20, 1877. The property for the Church was donated by the John Culbertson family. The were 19 original charter members.

The Rev. D. L. Hicks - Pastor

M. J. Baughman

Emaline Chapman Baughman

Bethany H. Culbertson

John Culbertson

Miss Allace Dacus

J.  L.  Frasier

N. J.  Frasier

Mrs. M. C. Frasier

Mrs. W. C. Gill

W. J. Gill

W. L Gill

W. M. Gills

J. Ella Hicks

J. F. Hicks

Della Hughes

John W. Hughes

Laura Kirkland

Lizzie Mobley

Miss Sallie Watson

 

100 Year Celebration

 On May 15, 1977 the Church celebrated 100 yrs of Service with a ceremony. Those present were

Oda W Roberts - Pastor since July 9, 1961

Barbara Roberts - Music Director

Suellen Martin - Church Secterary

Inez Griffin - Historical Committee

Edwina Hardwick - Historical Committee

Jo Anne Spiegner - Historical Committee

Mr & Mrs Ferrell Williamson - Building Custodians

Sharon Martin - Church Nursery

Jerry Morris - Grounds  Custodian

 

 

 

All data on this website is Copyright 2008 by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.