Genealogy Trails History Group

Essex County, Massachusetts
Genealogy and History

Volunteers Dedicated to Free Genealogy

Massachusetts logo

Schools of Essex County


Haverhill High School, Eltrurian Yearbook 1913

South School

In 1800 a small school was built in South Lynnfield at the junction of Salem and Summer st.
In 1871 a new 2 room school was built in the same location.
In 1912 the school was modified into a 4 classroom building and stairways were built on either side.
In 1953 this building was razed and a new firehouse was built on the site

[Contributed by Mrs. Carole Dick, )

south lynnfield school
1903 Class Picture at Old South Lynnfield School


Lynn First School House
Franklin Street
Lynn, Mass

c. 1910

MassachusettsGenealogy Trails
©Genealogy Trails