Town of

Maxton

Chippewa County Michigan



Maxton, MI Post Office (Drummond Township) (circa 1905)
Contributed by Paul Petosky

Located on Drummond Island, the Maxton Post Office was first established on March 9, 1900 with Ernest A. Sims as its first postmaster.

Postmasters that have served at the Maxton, MI Post Office

Ernest A. Sims...................March 9, 1900
Lewis W. Cloudman..........October 16, 1902
Bernadotte E. King............May 25, 1908
Karl C. Cloudman..............November 1, 1910
William A. Cloudman........March 20, 1913 to November 29, 1930 its last day of operation; with mail service to the Drummond Post Office.

Be sure and visit Paul Petoskys website Postmarks From The Past

Back