Town of

Neebish

Bruce Township

Chippewa County Michigan





Neebish, MI (U. S. Coast Guard Lookout Station #1 on St. Mary's River at Johnson's Point -
built in 1902) (1940s) (contributed by Paul Petosky)



Neebish, MI postmark dated October 22, 1909

The Neebish, MI Post Office (Neebish Township) was established on July 24, 1885 with George Lawrence as its first postmaster.




LIST OF ALL POSTMASTERS WHO SERVED AT THE NEEBISH, MI POST OFFICE

George Lawrence...........July 24, 1885
Frederick Proctor.............June 7, 1893
Herbert S. Slocum...........December 11, 1893
Mabel Slocum..................December 14, 1896
Eugene A. Seaman..........December 21, 1933 Miss Winifred Flynn..........September 13, 1934
Miss Anne L. Ryan............December 31, 1936
Miss Emily H. Butterfield...November 24, 1937
Mrs. Grace L. Lane............April 22, 1940 to June 30, 1943
The last date of operation; with mail service to Barbeau.

Be sure and visit Paul Petoskys website Postmarks From The Past

Back