Town of

Stirlingville

Chippewa County Michigan






Stirlingville Postmark 7 January 1915


HISTORY OF THE STIRLINGVILLE, MI POST OFFICE

Located in Chippewa County, Pickford Township, this village was first called Jolly's Landing. It was renamed Stirlingville for William P. Stirling. He was a storekeeper and a steamboat operator. He was also the first postmaster when the Stirlingville Post Office was established on February 29, 1888.

Postmasters that served at the Stirlingville Post Office are listed as follows:
William P. Stirling.......February 29, 1888
Grace Adams.............January 18, 1901
Walter Campbell.........October 23, 1901
Maud S. Stillwell.........August 12, 1910
Robert J. Gray...........December 2, 1911
Eugene R. Sweeney.......May 17, 1917 to August 30, 1919

Stirlingville Post Office discontinued operation on August 30, 1919;
with mail service to RFD Rickford Route 1.

All information and photos from Paul Petosky

Be sure and visit Paul Petoskys website Postmarks From The Past


Stirlingville Map 1911


Back