Granite Bluff

 

Granite Bluff, Dickinson County: the village began as a sawmill settlement with a station on the M.&N. Railroad; when lumberman Fred H. Strup became its postmaster on Feb. 18, 1890, it was in Menominee County; the office was transferred on Dickinson County on Oct. 1, 1891; it was closed on Sept. 1895 but was restored from Dec. 22, 1895 to June 15, 1900, and from May 7, 1904, to June 29, 1918. (GSM 1891; PO Archives)

--Michigan Place Names, Walter Romig, publisher, Grosse Point Michigan, 1905

 

Granite Bluff in the News

Michigan Gazetteer and Business Directory Floodwood, Foster City, Granite Bluff, Hardwood, Hylas

 

 

HOME