Town of Ralph

St. Mary’s in the Pine Episcopal Church, Ralph, MI. Located on Cty. Rd. G67 Ralph, MI.  This building in Ralph was officially dedicated in 1922.  Date of Photograph Unknown

 

Ralph, Dickinson County: it was named for Ralph Wells, son of J.W. Wells, of Menominee, a lumberman who operated in the area; the village and its station on the E.&L.S. Railroad were named Ralph, but its post office, opened on Jan. 17, 1901, with Wallace M. Taylor as its first postmaster, was named Bryden, but it too was renamed Ralph on June 6, 1904 (David Coon; GSM 1903; PO Archives)

--Michigan Place Names, Walter Romig, publisher, Grosse Point Michigan, 1905

 

Ralph in the News

MICHIGAN GAZETTEER AND BUSINESS DIRECTORY: Quinnesec, Ralph, Randville, Richardburg

HOME