Blair Township Michigan

Grand Travese County


The township of Blair was organized by the board of supervisors in April, 1867. The territory embraces township 26 north, range 11 west. The first supervisor was Thomas H. Clyde.

The first settlement in this township was made in 1859 at Monroe Center, a postoffice on the line between Blair and Green Lake, thirteen miles south of Traverse City and four miles south of Grawn, now the nearest railroad point.

(Sprague's history of Grand Traverse and Leelanaw counties, Michigan edited and compiled by Elvin L. Sprague and Mrs. George N. Smith 1903)