Cedar Run Michigan
Grand Traverse County
M. & N.E. Depot 1909 - Contributed by Paul Petosky
Cedar Run is a postoffice and station in section 6, on the Manistee & Northwestern Railroad, in this township. Neal is another postoffice in this township, eight miles west of Traverse City. There is a Union church building in the township, and a Friends meeting-house at the head of Long Lake. There is also a town hall, worth about five hundred dollars, at the head of the lake. There are five school buildings and two saw-mills in the township, the mills employing from fifteen to twenty men.
(Sprague's history of Grand Traverse and Leelanaw counties, Michigan edited and compiled by Elvin L. Sprague and Mrs. George N. Smith 1903)
The General store in Cedar Run was proprieted by Marion and Sadie Loomis. Sadie Loomis was also postermaster. Photo dated 1929. (Photo contributed by Alanna Fitzgerald)
The village straddled the Grand Traverse/Benzie County line.
Cedar Run was destroyed in 1956 by a tornado that rippded through the region. Today there are some foundations left where the store and post office were located and the old railroad beds are still visible.
All data on this website is © Copyright 2016 by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.