Grant Township Michigan

Grand Travese County


The township of Grant, embracing the township of 25 north, range 12 west, was organized by the board of supervisors in October, 1866. The first supervisor was P. C. Hopkins. The town contains one Methodist Episcopal and one Second Adventist church, four school buildings and a town hall, the latter built at a cost of eight hundred dollars. There is one small saw-mill in the town, employing about eight hands. It is a thrifty farming community.

(Sprague's history of Grand Traverse and Leelanaw counties, Michigan edited and compiled by Elvin L. Sprague and Mrs. George N. Smith 1903)