Interlochen Michigan

Grand Travese County


The village of Interlochen is located (in Green Lake Twp.) at the junction of the Pere Marquette and Manistee & Northeastern Railroads in the center of section 16. The village has a population of about six hundred and fifty. The most important industry of the village is the Wyley/Wiley Cooperage Company, which operates an extensive stave and heading factory, giving employment to about one hundred hands. There is also a shingle-mill at Interlochen. There is also a hotel, general store, meat market, blacksmith shop and drug store. Besides the manufacturing at Interlochen there are two other saw-mills in the township, one, giving employment to from twelve to fifteen hands, one and one-half miles south of Grawn, and one a mile west of Grawn. There are six school buildings in the township, with seven rooms.
(Sprague's history of Grand Traverse and Leelanaw counties, Michigan edited and compiled by Elvin L. Sprague and Mrs. George N. Smith 1903)



Interlochen, MI (Wiley Mill) (1908) - Contributed by Paul Petosky


Interlochen, MI (Wylie Cooperage Works) (1910) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Interlochen MI - Gipperts Grocery 1940's - Contributed by Paul Petosky