Williamsburg Michigan

Grand Traverse County

This is a village twelve miles east of Traverse City on the Pere Marquette Railroad, at its junction with the Elks Rapids branch. It was established at an early day, before the township was organized, and has about one hundred and fifty inhabitants, and is in the midst of a thriving farming community. It has a store, hotel, blacksmith shop, drug store, saw and grist-mill, and a Methodist Episcopal church, school-house, etc.

The township has seven school buildings, embracing eight rooms. It also has a town hall, built at a cost of eight hundred dollars. A Grange hall is also located in this township.
Sprague's history of Grand Traverse and Leelanaw counties, Michigan edited and compiled by Elvin L. Sprague and Mrs. George N. Smith 1903

Williamsburg is a rural settlement in the town of Whitewater. Like Acme, it is in the midst of a prosperous farming community. Several societies are well sustained, and the milling and mercantile interests at this point are of considerable importance.

The Traverse Region - H. R. Page & Co., 1884.



Williamsburg, MI (Pere Marquette Depot) (1911) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Williamsburg, MI (Bird's Eye View) (1910) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Williamsburg, MI (View from Railroad) (1911) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Williamsburg, MI (Trout Hatchery) (1910) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Williamsburg, MI (Trout House) (1911) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Williamsburg, MI (Elk Lake Inn) (1920) - Contributed by Paul Petosky