Huron Co Michigan History & Genealogy

CHURCHES

Huron County Michigan



Bad Axe Baptist Church (1940s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky

The Baptist Church of Bad Axe was organized in 1878, with eight members: Rev. A. Corey, Pastor. The first church building was erected in 1879, at a cost of $2,500. This building was destroyed by the fire of 1881. Under the zealous leadership of James McArthur, who was then Pastor, the church was rebuilt, at a cost of $3,000. It is a handsome structure, and is an ornament to the town. The present Pastor is Rev. W. P. Owens. Membership, fifty-one.

Portrait and Biographical - Northern Michigan - 1895



Bad Axe Free Methodist Church (1940s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky

Rev. George Walker was the first Pastor of this charge, in 1878. He was succeeded in 1880, by Rev. John Bettis, who held until 1882. Rev. Piercy Deling then took charge until 1884, when the Saginaw Conference appointed Rev. Henry King. The Church was organized in 1880. Jacob Durfey & wife, and Duncan Williams and wife were the first members. The society has a good church building and a parsonage, and are practically out of debt Present membership is eighty- nine. A "Union Sunday-school" is connected with the Church, which is doing a good work.

Portrait and Biographical - Northern Michigan - 1895



Bad Axe, MI (St. Paul's Episcopal Church) (1940s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Bad Axe, MI (Methodist Episcopal Church) (1911) - Contributed by Paul Petosky


Bad Axe, MI (Methodist Episcopal Church & Parsonage) (1914) - Contributed by Paul




Elkton, MI (Evangelical Church) (1908) - Contributed by Paul Petosky


Elkton, MI (Ruins of Evan's Church) (1908) - Contributed by Paul Petosky



Huron City Church - Built in 1883 and expanded in 1925 and 1929.
Located between Port Austin & Port Hope on Highway M-25. Contributed by Paul Petosky



Pigeon, MI (Berne Lutheran Church) (1930s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky



Port Hope, MI (Lutheran Church) (1940s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Port Hope, MI (Reformed Lutheran Church) (1941) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Sebewaing, MI (Lutheran Church) (1910) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Ubly, MI (Methodist Episcopal Church) (1910) - Contributed by Paul Petosky